Medication at School

If students need to take prescription or non-prescription medication during school hours, parents may either come to school and give the medication to their children or school personnel may administer medication provided that the permission slip "AUTHORIZATION FOR MEDICATION REQUIRED DURING SCHOOL HOURS" has been completed by the parent/guardian and the student's doctor. (This is necessary for both prescription and non-prescription drugs).

Once the form has been completed it should be brought to the office by a parent or designated adult, along with the medication in the original container. Prescription medication information must be on the label, including student's name, doctor's name, name of the medication, dosage, time medication is to be given and date medication was prescribed. Non-prescription medication must be in their original containers, which are clearly labeled. The authorization form must be renewed at the beginning of each school year or when changes in the medications are made by the physician.

A student may carry and self-administer asthma and auto-injectable epinephrine medications if they have a "MEDICATION SELF-ADMINISTRATION" form completed and on file in the school office. This form is required in addition to the routine district medication authorization form.

Medication must be brought to the school and picked up from the school by a parent or guardian. Medications will not be sent home with students. Medications not picked up at the end of the school year will be discarded.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school's credentialed school nurse.

Nursing Services

Vacaville Unified School District

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.